Hi, Welcome To My Blog

I love various different types of crafts and have had a dabble at most over the years, some with greater success than others. I believe that apart from loving and giving, being creative is the next most important thing to do. There is something about being creative that taps into something deep within us that makes us feel good with the world. But then we were made in the image of God, God The Creator... so I guess being creative will be second nature to us if we allow. The problem is that many people will not have a go because they make the mistake of measuring themselves against others... and that is just not a good thing to do. I create because I like to create, not because I have to impress anyone else or be better than anyone else. I created this blog with a lot of help from my son-in-law, as a personal scrap book that I am happy to share with others if they wish to take a look.... Enjoy <><

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Merry Monday Sentiment Card



I didn't have a large sentiment to use for this Merry Monday challenge and as the sentiment had to be the focus of the card, I had to come up with a way of dressing a card to make it interesting.

I found an old picture of a template Christine had given me years ago and decided to use that as my base, cutting out different but hopefully complimentary papers.  I cut out the shapes, stamped the sentiment and stuck them on before embellishing the card with little die cuts, etc. to add interest.  I really enjoyed making it.

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful framing for your sentiment, Pam! Love this layout! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie... I was pleased I have found a better place to photograph the card so that the glitter paper shows up fairly true. Merry Monday challenge as good as ever.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty frame around your sentiment, and all the other elements tie the card together nicely. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well funnily enough Nancy, I have never before thought about putting two dies into the machine to cut a frame

      Delete
  3. Fabulously festive make

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this card and would use it for a personal note card anytime during the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sentiment and I loved the way you dressed it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the framed sentiment and your mix of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your collage of paper background - great colors and designs - and your sentiment is so pretty framed in the oval!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you made the sentiment pop with the frames and created a focal point. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Pam! So many different lovely layers and elements framing your sentiment...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, just love this layout, Pam! Very elegant! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday this week :)

    ReplyDelete